Our Family
 Genealogy Pages

 St Nicholas Churchyard, Church Street, Harwich, Essex, England


Latitude: 51.94571, Longitude: 1.28865
St Nicholas Churchyard

Notes:
Cemetery notes and/or description:

This church was rebuilt in 1821 by architect M.G. Thompson and contains memorials from an earlier church, to naval men, an unexploded bomb from WW1 and a collection of 17th century Dutch tiles. This church has stood here since 1177 and was given to the Monks of Abendon at Earls Colne. St Nicholas Church is built of London brick and Coade stone. It was designed to seat 1,500 people, which is the largest in the Tendring district. (text by Geoffrey Gillon)